Due to the CoVid-19 Pandemic, all sessions will now be offered online. There will be no in-person attendance.
This conference aims to educate and provide support for professionals who work with individuals with autism spectrum disorders, including educators, psychologists, speech/language pathologists, medical professionals, applied behavior analysts, employment specialists, vocational rehabilitation counselors, service coordinators, and advocates.
The conference strives to provide an atmosphere of hope and discovery, and upholds a commitment to sharing comprehensive, up-to-date coverage of assessment and intervention strategies supported by research. The conference includes vendor and agency booths, a student/trainee research poster session, and sessions presented by regionally and nationally recognized researchers and practitioners in the field of autism.
Conference Learning Objectives
- Describe recent advances in the causes of autism and other developmental disorders.
- Describe recent advances in the treatments for autism and other developmental disorders.
- Show an increase in knowledge about specific assessments and treatments for autism and other neurodevelopmental disorders.
- Demonstrate a change in the use of current best practices or to report an intent to change practice.
- Increase knowledge about the practices of other disciplines involved in the care of children with autism and other developmental disorders.
- Report an intent to enhance interdisciplinary collaboration and practices that promote positive patient outcomes.
All sessions of the conference will now be held online and will utilize the Zoom platform. Zoom is an easy to use online meeting space and can be accessed from any computer, smart phone, or tablet using high-speed internet. Online participants who cannot attend a session live will have access to the session video for 72 hours. Continuing education can only be earned for watching the session live, in real time.
Stephen Kanne, PhD, Executive Director
David Beversdorf, MD
Cortney Fish, MSW, BCBA, LBA
Marie Heuer, MBA
Nathan Hurst, MA
Abby Powell, MBA
Jena Randolph, PhD