This conference aims to educate and provide professional development for professionals who work with individuals with autism spectrum disorders, including educators, psychologists, speech/language pathologists, medical professionals, applied behavior analysts, employment specialists, vocational rehabilitation counselors, service coordinators, and advocates.
The conference strives to provide an atmosphere of hope and discovery, and upholds a commitment to sharing comprehensive, up-to-date coverage of assessment and intervention strategies supported by research. The conference includes vendor and agency booths, a student/trainee research poster session, and sessions presented by regionally and nationally recognized researchers, self advocates, and practitioners in the field of autism.
Conference Learning Objectives
- Describe recent advances in the causes of autism and other developmental disorders.
- Describe recent advances in therapies and support for individuals with autism and other developmental disorders.
- Show an increase in knowledge about specific assessments and best practices for autism and other neurodevelopmental disorders.
- Demonstrate a change in the use of current best practices or to report an intent to change practice.
- Increase knowledge about the practices of other disciplines involved in the care of individuals with autism and other developmental disorders.
- Report an intent to enhance interdisciplinary collaboration and practices that promote positive outcomes.
All conference events will take place at the St. Charles Convention Center in St. Charles, Missouri. Click here to download a copy of the conference center map.
St. Charles Convention Center
1 Convention Center Plaza
St. Charles, Missouri, 63303
Guests who need overnight accommodations can reserve a room at the conference hotel, Embassy Suites by Hilton, which is conveniently connected to the Convention Center.
Embassy Suites – St. Charles
Two Convention Center Blvd.
St. Charles, Missouri 63303
Reservations must be made directly with Embassy Suites. Conference rate rooms are sold out at this time, but attendees may still book a room at the standard hotel rate.
Ameristar Casino Resort St. Charles (average $192/night)
Drury Plaza Hotel St. Louis/Charles (average $179/night)
Hampton Inn & Suites St. Charles Old Town Area (average $135/night)
Tru by Hilton St. Charles/St. Louis (average 164/night)
Cortney Fish, MSW, BCBA, LBA, Conference Coordinator
Cameron Burton, BHS
Marie Heuer, MBA
Emily Morrison, MA
Abby Powell, MBA
Jena Randolph, PhD
Stephen Sheinkopf, PhD