This conference aims to educate and provide support for professionals who work with individuals with autism spectrum disorders, including educators, psychologists, speech/language pathologists, medical professionals, applied behavior analysts, employment specialists, vocational rehabilitation counselors, service coordinators, and advocates.
The conference strives to provide an atmosphere of hope and discovery, and upholds a commitment to sharing comprehensive, up-to-date coverage of assessment and intervention strategies supported by research. The conference includes vendor and agency booths, a student/trainee research poster session, and sessions presented by regionally and nationally recognized researchers and practitioners in the field of autism.
Conference Learning Objectives
- Describe recent advances in the causes of autism and other developmental disorders.
- Describe recent advances in the treatments for autism and other developmental disorders.
- Show an increase in knowledge about specific assessments and treatments for autism and other neurodevelopmental disorders.
- Demonstrate a change in the use of current best practices or to report an intent to change practice.
- Increase knowledge about the practices of other disciplines involved in the care of children with autism and other developmental disorders.
- Report an intent to enhance interdisciplinary collaboration and practices that promote positive patient outcomes.
All sessions of the conference will be held in Chesterfield, Missouri at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel. All attendees will be required to wear a mask and maintain social distancing. Conference rooms will have tables and chairs spaced 6 feet apart.
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis-Chesterfield
16625 Swingley Ridge Road
Chesterfield, MO 63017, USA
Making a reservation in the conference room block offers attendees the utmost convenience as well as a special room rate of $129 per night. Reservations must be made with the DoubleTree by September 12, 2021 in order to guarantee this rate. To make a reservation online and receive the special conference rate, click here.
Overflow Hotel Information:
For attendees who are unable to secure lodging at the DoubleTree, rooms are also available at the Hilton Garden Inn-Chesterfield. The reduced rate is $129 per night and reservations must be made by September 12, 2021 in order to guarantee this rate. When making a reservation by phone, please refer to the Thompson Center Autism Conference block. To make a reservation online and receive the special conference rate, click here.
Cortney Fish, MSW, BCBA, LBA, Conference Coordinator
David Beversdorf, MD
Marie Heuer, MBA
Nathan Hurst, MA
Abby Powell, MBA
Jena Randolph, PhD