Join us for this FREE pre-conference event! The Ask the Experts panel provides an opportunity for family members and professionals to ask questions to a panel of autism experts. Our experts represent a variety of fields including medicine, behavior analysis, education, occupational and speech therapy, and psychology.
The Ask the Experts Panel focuses on addressing a wide variety of questions including:
- What does a diagnosis of autism mean for a child?
- Is there a cure or treatment for autism?
- What are some strategies and resources to help with my child’s behavior?
- What are the latest research updates in the field of autism?
- How does an autism diagnosis impact my child’s education?
- My child is older-when should I start thinking about adulthood and transition from high school?
- What other medical considerations should I be aware of?
Attendees will also have the opportunity to ask additional questions during the event.
Wednesday September 13, 2023 from 4:30-6:00pm
4:30pm: Grab a beverage and some lite bites before taking your seat
4:45pm: Panel Discussion and Q&A
5:45pm: Wrap Up
Thank you to the Thompson Foundation for Autism and Neurodevelopment for hosting this event!