The Ask the Experts panel provides an opportunity for family members and professionals to ask questions to a panel of autism experts. Our experts represent a variety of fields including medicine, behavior analysis, education, occupational and speech therapy, and psychology.
The Ask the Experts Panel focuses on addressing a wide variety of questions including:
- What does a diagnosis of autism mean for my child?
- Is there a cure or treatment for autism?
- What are some strategies and resources to help with my child’s behavior?
- How does an autism diagnosis impact my child’s education?
- My child is older-when should I start thinking about adulthood and transition from high school?
- What other medical considerations should I be aware of?
Attendees will also have the opportunity to ask additional questions during the event.
Wednesday October 13, 2021 from 4:15-6 p.m.
4:15-5:00 pm: Cocktail Hour (meet the panelists, chat with other parents and caregivers, and enjoy some food and beverage)
5:00-6:00 pm: Panel Discussion
**This event will not be recorded.
Thank you to the Thompson Foundation for Autism for hosting this event!
We are excited to welcome people in person for this year’s conference. Based on recent trends and guidance from the CDC and local health department officials, we continue to make changes to health and safety measures. Regardless of vaccination status, attendees will be required to wear a mask and maintain social distancing.